The Family

The Family
January 10, 2010

Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas Down Under

Went to mom and dads for boxing day yesterday. Celebrated Aussie style with a BBQ. It rained the whole time, lucky mom and dad have such a big veranda. Been raining for a couple weeks now. Had some fun driving down the driveway to and from their house, mud all the way, the cars got mud all the way up the sides, got a wash going home in the rain though. I drove over Cunningham's Gap going home and the had it closed down to one lane because half the road is starting to slide down the mountain. Luckily we all went home Sunday afternoon because Warwick flooded today, almost all the bridges were under water. Definitely the worst flood since 1996 if not worse than then. It would have been an interesting phone call to my boss, "sorry I can't come in today, I am flooded in at my parent's place". It hailed golf ball size hail in Brisbane 2 weeks ago near my place, luckily I was already at work. The rain was coming in windows on opposite sides of the flat today courtesy of the wind. I wonder what else this weird weather has in store for us. Happy New Year everyone!

Sarah


What Tiddlick usually looks like.

What he currently looks like. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment